- To manage the effective delivery of the specified service and ensure children remain safe
- To work closely with managers across functions to ensure an integrated strategic approach and to work in partnership.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the Group’s service strategy, its performance and in its contribution to the Council’s objectives.
- To maintain the development and implementation of a positive performance management culture within the Group.
- To manage within a quality and equalities framework based on Council policy and performance targets, professional standards and best practice. Contribute to the development and delivery of services in a manner that reflects the diversity of the Group’s users and staff.
- To manage within a cash limited budget and adhere strictly to the Councils standing orders and financial regulations.
- To work in partnership with other council groups, external agencies and organisations and the voluntary sector.