|Location||Bromley, Greater London, England|
|Salary||£33 - £35.20 per hour|
Specialist Social Worker required for the Safeguarding Team
This role will assist with the Covid response
Due to the nature of this role - we are paying up to a rate of £35ph.
1. With appropriate supervision, assess for and provide services to children in need within the framework of the appropriate legislation, regulations, departmental procedures and child care policy.
2. To ensure that services are efficiently and effectively provided, liaising as necessary with other divisions, Council Departments, N.H.S. trusts, schools, carers, voluntary and independent sector providers.
3. To maintain high standards of professional practice within their own workload and to promote and enhance such practice within the team and division.
4. All post holders are expected to maintain professional standards of practice and to work in accordance with the Departmental vision, values, procedures and managerial guidance.
5. To manage a caseload of children and families, including:
i. Undertaking, contributing to and participating in core assessments, in partnership with the child, parents, other family members and professionals as appropriate in accordance with the Dfes. Assessment Framework.
ii. Implementing Child Protection and LAC Procedures as and when required
iii. Facilitating the provision and co –ordination of appropriate services
iv. Working with families and children and young people to reduce the need for accommodation or care proceedings
v. In line with the Every Child Matters agenda, working in partnership with colleagues in other agencies to develop and provide a range of interventions for families and children and young people.
6. Working within the Borough’s child protection guidelines to:
i. Undertake investigations under Section 47s on allocated and duty cases as required.
ii. provide reports as required for child protection case conferences, children in need meetings, permanency meetings, child care reviews and in court processes. This may include giving evidence in Court.
7. Undertaking responsibilities towards children looked after by the authority, including:
i. Contributing to and assisting in the progression of care plans for Looked After Children in line with the Children and Families Divisions guidelines.
ii. Ensuring that procedural requirements with respect to consultation and recording are adhered to
8. To make recommendations to the Assistant Team Manager or Group Manager (or other budget holder as appropriate) regarding financial expenditure entailed in care plans and to undertake delegated financial responsibilities.
9. To undertake appropriate training and to maintain a knowledge of changes to departmental procedure, legislation and regulations and of developments in professional practice.
10. To promote Equal Opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice in all areas of work within and outside the Council, in line with legislation and Council policy.
11. To undertake any other duties as may be required commensurate with the grading of the post in order to meet the changing needs of the service.
- Social Worker - All Age Disabilities
Calderdale, England | £23 - £24.50 per hour
All Age Disability Service. All Age works with ...
- Social Worker - Looked After Children
Enfield, Greater London, England | £32 - £35.10 per hour
We are looking for confident and skilled advanc...
- Early Help Family Support Worker
Enfield, Greater London, England | £20 - £22.20 per hour
To be eligible for the programme, families must...