Back to job search
Experienced practitioner with considerable experience in the field expected to undertake complex cases including assessment and management of risks. Recognised by peers as a source of reliable knowledge and expertise demonstrating critical knowledge of the range of theories and models for social work intervention. Expected to oversee the teaching and assessment of social work students carrying out practice learning placements as required. Required to give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings
|Salary||£29 per hour|
- Hold and effectively manage a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance and support, reflecting the function of the team and Children’s Social Care in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
- Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
- Be accountable for complex decision making in relation to caseloads ensuring professional judgement, evidence based tools, critical reflection and analysis to inform this.
- Model critical reflection and evidence based decision making and support others in developing these.
- Demonstrate a critical knowledge of the range of theories and models for social work intervention with individuals, families, groups and communities and the methods derived from them.
- Identify and assess levels of risk and need (within statutory frameworks) in often complex situations. Deliver protective and/or supportive services for children at risk, in need and/or looked after. To maintain up to date assessments, care plans and reviews.
- Communicate skilfully and confidently in complex or high risk situations. Model and help others develop communication skills
- Attend and represent the department at a range of multi-disciplinary forums and undertaking the role of Chair as required.
- Undertake Achieving Best Evidence interviews as required.
- Undertake direct work with children, young people and their families in line with Children in Need, Child Protection and Care plans.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues and in partnership within the Council and across multi - agency boundaries.
- Contribute to current practice expectations, indentifying areas of poor practice issues and taking appropriate action.
- Model inclusive practice in relation to identity and diversity, challenging any issues of concern.
- Qualified Social Worker Children and families team
Derbyshire | £21 - £23 per hour
Role is within Children and families team . Tea...
- Participation Worker
Brent | £19 - £20 per hour
This is a really fabulous role that works along...
- Experienced Social Worker CMHT
Wrexham | £22 - £25 per hour
Community Mental Health Team are looking for an...