Social Worker - Children -with Disability

Location Lancashire
Salary £18.01 - £20.50 per hour
Lancashire County Council Children with Disability Team is a progressive and innovative place to come and work for embracing strengths-based approaches and in depth multi agency working, always determined to achieve the best for the children and families we support. There have a range of exciting opportunities available across our social work team as we have finalised the new Children with Disabilities structure, working with positive changes and developments in our service. The Children with Disabilities team is a specialist service holding a variety of experts in managing children with complex needs. We require support from three agency social workers for a time limited period to support the teams in transitioning to the new structure whist an external recruitment drive is ongoing. The initial contract would be for three months.
Social work is both challenging and rewarding, but to ensure it is more rewarding and you are able to make a positive difference in the lives of children and young people we understand the importance of the right support, a healthy work-life balance and a manageable caseload. Within the Inclusion Service, the Children with Disabilities social work team is a generic team offering a wide range of experiences and social work practices and the opportunity to make a real difference through supporting children and young people with disabilities and their families. We strive towards workers having a more manageable caseload, offering the best training and support and increasing the range of services we offer to ensure our Social Workers make a positive impact on a daily basis.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'.
You must be registered (Social Work England) to be appointed as an agency Social Worker. You will be required to provide a car for use in connection with the duties of this post and must be insured for business use. However, we may consider you if you cannot drive because of a disability.