Back to job search
|Salary||£36.00 - £38.50 per hour|
- Make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service, this will include working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the council.
- Supervise up to 3 Social Workers to ensure the delivery of highly effective casework which meets statutory requirements and complies with departmental practice expectations within agreed timescales.
- Manage a small caseload of up to 4 of the most complex cases and ensure that the best possible outcomes are achieved for these young people.
- Deputise for the Team Manager when required to do so.
- Develop high standards of practice within the team, taking account of the latest research and practice guidance.
- Develop effective working relationships with colleagues within the council and with professionals from external agencies.
- Ensure that the council’s overall vision, values and ethos are central to the delivery of the service.
- To ensure that services are delivered to the highest professional standards and in accordance with local operational policies and procedures.
- To update and develop professional standards of practice within the team.
- To utilise effective management information, including ICS and quality assurance systems to ensure that standards for service delivery are monitored and performance is scrutinised.
- To identify and effectively address any performance issues which may emerge.
- To process and maintain cases using the Department’s Electronic Case Management System utilising the Integrated Children’s System and the Children’s IS Index.
- To ensure the implementation of the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy, the provision of high quality and appropriate services to Black and Ethnic minority children and their families and the management of a diverse staff group in your area.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the annual service plan and the Race Equality Action Plan.
- To write policies and procedures for the team as and when required.
- To undertake recruitment of social work and ancillary staff within the agreed departmental recruitment procedures.
- To identify individual training needs and develop a training plan for designated members of staff.
- To be responsible for the management of the Council’s disciplinary, grievance, capability, sickness, harassment, health and safety issues and other relevant personnel procedures, for example toil and annual leave in relation to their supervisees.
- To chair statutory reviews, strategy meetings and children in need meetings as required.
- To respond within the Council’s agreed timescales (in conjunction with the Team Manager and Head of Service) to complaints and requests for information from members of the public, Councillors and MPs, to provide a customer focused service to resolve issues at the earliest stage.
- To contribute to the induction of new social work staff into the organisation.
- To be responsible for the development of practice in the team in the light of new research findings and changes in legislation and guidance.
- To maintain a high level of professional knowledge and skill, within the team’s specialist area.
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well-being of children and vulnerable adults.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the council’s customer care, equal opportunities, information governance, data protection and health and safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
- Social Worker -Adults-Disabilities
Southampton | £30.00 - £32.00 per hour
Care Act Assessments, Reviews, MCA and Section ...
- Social Worker - Children with Disabilities
Central Bedfordshire | £40 - £42.80 per hour
Social workers required in both North and South...
- Social Worker - Long Term Child Protection
South Gloucestershire | £38 - £41.01 per hour
We are seeking 3 Advanced Social Workers - Loca...