|Salary||£27 - £29 per hour|
• Undertake complex, holistic, person-centred assessments, care and support planning and reviews of people and carers with a range of complex needs, working within an integrated team using a multi-disciplinary framework.
• Expert understanding of the legal social care framework and all relevant policies and procedures.
• Undertake the legal and statutory duties of the post as required by the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act and any other relevant legislation.
• Provide a person-centred service which enables people to optimise and maximise their abilities, by utilising a strengths-based model and whole family approach to all interventions.
• Support people to maintain their independence, within their homes and by utilising support in the local community and their own personal networks.
• To pro-actively support and work collaboratively with health colleagues to ensure people receive the required health and social care support within the community, are discharged from hospital within agreed timeframes with appropriate support mechanisms in place, prevent hospital admission and pro-actively work with the principles of admission avoidance.
• Manages the allocation of resources required to maintain independence through the use of Personal Budgets and explores all options that are available to people.
• Develop and maintain high professional standards, within your role and service and promote integrated working methods within the service.
• Take the lead in representing your team in working groups to develop service and practice improvements.
• Actively contribute to maintaining quality standards, and ensure self and staff development is maintained.
• Manage, plan, prioritise and progress cases of high complexity, seeking support and suggesting resolutions for workload difficulties with due regard to service standards, targets and timescales.
• Maintain clear communication with service users concerning expectations and progress; engage with concerns and resolve conflicts.
• Lead and actively promote effective communication within the team and with colleagues internal and external of the organisation.
• Provide a wide range of information and advice to people in order to promote independence in the Community.
• Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of assessment and evaluation of risk and produce skilled risk assessments in partnership with service users and carers, where required putting in place appropriate interventions, strategies and contingency plans to mitigate risk and to protect vulnerable adults.
• Assess for and arrange delivery/instillation and review for minor equipment, adaptations and non-complex assistive technology, which will maximise the person’s independence in line with Trusted Assessor guidelines.
• Support service users and their carers to identify and purchase aids, assisted technology and adaptations and to fit, adjust and demonstrate their use within the person’s home where appropriate.
• Use expert knowledge and skills to develop and advise on rehabilitation plans, promoting choice and independence.
• Support the team to meet performance requirements and outcomes and ensure data is recorded in line with organisational requirements.
• Demonstrate expert analytical skills and professional judgment in dealing with cases, using a wide range of evidence-based practice to deliver holistic interventions.
• Expert understanding of The Mental Capacity Act and undertake Best Interest Assessments in line with deprivation of Liberty safeguards.
• Have an in-depth awareness and understanding of how legislation impacts on practice.
• Be responsible for managing highly complex safeguarding issues and ensure they are progressed in line with the Council’s and Health’s policies and procedures.
• Write court reports for the Court of Protection, magistrate and County Court in line with statutory duties and attends court to provide expert professional evidence as required.
- Social Worker - Children's
Lancashire | £24 - £37 per hour
QSW required for the Child Protection/Court tea...
- Social Worker - Hospital Discharge
Swindon | £31 - £35 per hour
Discharge planning is the process by which the ...
- Occupational Therapist
Carshalton | £27 - £29 per hour
Based within the Reablement Service and working...