Back to job search
MAIN PURPOSE(S) OF THE JOB:
To meet the FSS aims:
|Salary||£31 - £40 per hour|
- To contribute to and apply the Council’s strategy to support vulnerable children and families.
- To ensure service is delivered in line with Oxfordshire’s principles and values of working with partners, children and families.
To meet the FSS aims:
- To provide timely support and interventions to vulnerable families to address safeguarding concerns and reduce risks to children and young people
- To provide case work to children, young people and families who meet the threshold for the service, these will include children and young people whose needs approach but do not reach the thresholds for statutory intervention ( as defined by the matrix of needs) , and those who require a statutory response through CIN, CP or LAC.
- To offer a range of group programmes to children, young people and families who meet the threshold for the service
- To deliver and co-ordinate services within the designated Children and Family Centres
- To provide both casework and group programmes through outreach to venues other than the Children and Family Centres
- Provide services in-line with the expectations of the Thriving Families programme
- To ensure continuity/consistency in delivery of service by supervising staff as delegated by the practice manager
- To assist Practice and Team Manager by contributing to the planning and development of the service and to assist the management of the workflow.
- Undertake effective assessment of need, analysis and management of risk for allocated children.
- Conduct statutory work with children who are subject to Child In Need plans, Child Protection Plans or children who are Looked After up to the point that permanency plans are put in place.
- Carry out statutory visits, monitor and assess children’s safety and welfare and act promptly on any concerns.
- Take responsibility for cases until they are closed or referred to another service. Including the escalation of cases to appropriate statutory and specialist teams such as Youth Offending Service, Looked After Children/Leaving Care and the de-escalation of statutory cases to workers in the Family Support Service or universal services.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with children and young people, their families and carers: providing advice and support and helping resolve conflict, where appropriate.
- Social Worker - All Age Disabilities
Calderdale, England | £23 - £24.50 per hour
All Age Disability Service. All Age works with ...
- Social Worker - Looked After Children
Enfield, Greater London, England | £32 - £35.10 per hour
We are looking for confident and skilled advanc...
- Early Help Family Support Worker
Enfield, Greater London, England | £20 - £22.20 per hour
To be eligible for the programme, families must...