Back to job search
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
|Salary||£130 - £150 per day|
- Lead a team of SEND Operations Co-ordinators and Assistants, co-ordinating induction, training and development programmes and the allocation of work
- Manage the admissions to a small number of Specialist provisions
- Draft responses to complaints and queries from parents/carers, elected Members and MPs etc.
- Work with other colleagues within the Mid Quadrant, (i.e. Educational Psychologists, Inclusion Partners, Engagement Facilitators) including with the SEND Operations Lead to develop best practice and provide quality assurance of Education, Health and Care plans (EHCP).
- Ensure the team follow requirements in the SEND Code of Practice 2015, Guidelines and maintain the CYP and their family at the heart of the process.
- Work with other SEND Operations staff in other quadrants (4 quadrants in total).
- Deliver the assessment and review process for children and young people with SEND, for a dedicated caseload within a quadrant.
- Responsible for securing appropriate educational provision (both within and out of the Authority) for all CYP with an EHCP, within an agreed geographical area, in line with the SEND Code of Practice 2015 and legislative requirements.
- Working collaboratively with partners in Health and Social Care to ensure their participation in the EHCP process and support direct individual work for the most complex situations.
- Progressing and resolving complex situations around CYP including attendance at mediation and Way Forward meetings, with a particular emphasis on the needs of looked after children and children not accessing education.
- Preparing and presenting casework for submission to decision making panels.
- Contribute to the preparation of papers for complaints, tribunal cases, Ombudsman enquiries and responses to letters from parents, MPs and Members to support senior managers.
- Contribute to decision making processes within the quadrant, relating to initiation of EHCNAs, issuing of EHCPs and allocation of resources to EHCP.
- Social Worker -Children with Needs
Southwark | £25.27 - £27.97 per hour
To hold a recognised social work qualification...
- HCA - Health Care Assistant
- Same day pay - 24/7 available contact - UK ...
- Senior Practitioner
Southwark | £27.88 - £29.98 per hour
Candidate Profile: To hold a recognised Socia...