Back to job search
|Location||Bradford, Bradford, England|
|Salary||£25.18 - £27.81 per hour|
|1) To determine service user’s eligibility for provision of services according to the relevant legislation. To undertake holistic assessments of service users’ needs; physical, psychological and social, taking into account complex factors requiring analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options. To be responsible for requisitioning specialist community equipment, adaptations and housing options and tasks connected to this e.g. demonstration of equipment, liaison with adaptations providers particularly regarding Disabled Facilities Grants. To contribute and make recommendations on the assessment and provision of care packages by providing an occupational therapy perspective.
2) To liaise with relevant parties to assist the assessment and planning process. To use effective and appropriate communication skills through a variety of means e.g. face to face contact, telephone, written and e-mail. To be responsible for maintaining contemporaneous service user’s records according to departmental and professional standards.
3) To manage and prioritise own caseload, to plan and organize own day to day work and predominately to act as key worker. To maintain the electronic calendar in order to facilitate flexible working arrangements.
4) To recognise situations where the service user, carers or others in the household may be at risk in their current environment and take safeguarding measures.
5) To recommend ways of meeting needs that are underpinned by occupational therapy theory and practice, including adaptive approaches prior to compensatory recommendations.
6) To develop and implement appropriate skills to enable safe moving and handling practice on behalf of service users and their carers’ by professional judgment, based on risk assessment of the individuals needs in any given environment with regard to the issue of equipment that is appropriate and timely.
Briefly and clearlyexplain what needs to be done to do the job fully. Describe the main
duties in priority order, addressing the questions why the task is carried out? and what
does it seek to achieve?
- Social Worker -: Children safeguarding
Bradford, Bradford, England | £33.00 - £35.50 per hour
direct work in a children's home shift work 7am...
- Qualified Social Worker – Adults - Learning Disabilities
Essex, England | £228.60 - £240.00 per day
This position is based in the Adults Learning D...
- Support Worker Childrens-Learning disabilities
Bradford, Bradford, England | £08.58 - £10.88 per hour
We need male staff to cover shifts at Wedgewood...