Back to job search
|Location||Wrexham, Wrexham, Wales|
|Salary||£19.26 - £21.56 per hour|
- Assess the holisitic needs of a person with physical, mental and / or learning disability in their own homes, so that solutions to practical difficulties with daily living presented by their particular disability can be identified.
- Assess the holistic needs of the carer, so that solutions to practical difficulties with daily living presented by the person can be identified.
- Assess for eligibility of services as defined by “ Fair Access to Care”. Liaise with clients and carers etc where eligibility is assessed as low as to ways in which other assistance can be obtained
- Manage own caseload, including self allocation of work from the waiting list, deal with other identified priorities to ensure that a satisfactory outcome is reached within priority guidelines for the service.
- Maintain accurate and relevant records of service provision and communications both manual and electronic, in line with Departmental procedures.
- Formulate and implement a plan to meet the needs of the individual person in compliance with local procedures and consistent with relevant legislation.
- Liaise and work in partnership with disabled people and appropriate agencies, ensuring that best practice is adopted to meet each disabled person and carers’ needs.
- Provide, fit and demonstrate appropriate equipment for daily living and advise people on the purchase of certain equipment. Train the individual and carers in the correct use and maintenance of equipment provided to ensure safety.
- Research non-stock items of equipment where standard equipment will not meet the identified needs. Organise and actively participate in the demonstration of specialist equipment by representatives in order to ensure a piece of equipment is suitable prior to purchase.
- When required actively participate in the multi-agency review groups for equipment and provide constructive feedback on specified pieces of equipment to the review group, and to the OT team in general.
|This is an exciting role to work in social care to support citizens to return home form hospital or step down beds as quickly as possible through rapid access to equipment and adaptations and working with care home providers and Dom care providers to right size care packages and promote independence and recovery from illness.|
- Occupational Therapist
Southwark, Greater London, England | £32 - £34 per hour
rovide professional occupational therapy servic...
- Social Worker-DMH
| £26.18 - £28.58 per hour
West Locality - to support all individuals r...
- experienced practitioner - Adults
Halton, Halton, England | £22.36 - £24.86 per hour
Responsible for a caseload of more complex case...