Back to job search
To assess disabled people and their carers’ ability to function in all areas of daily life and identify the difficulties encountered. To formulate a plan to resolve these difficulties by arranging the provision of equipment and / or adaptations to meet these needs, thereby enabling them to live in the community with as much independence as possible. To review recommended equipment and / or adaptations to ensure their suitability.
|Location||Wrexham, Wrexham, Wales|
|Salary||£18 - £20 per hour|
- Assess the holisitic needs of a person with physical, mental and / or learning disability in their own homes, so that solutions to practical difficulties with daily living presented by their particular disability can be identified.
- Assess the holistic needs of the carer, so that solutions to practical difficulties with daily living presented by the person can be identified.
- Assess for eligibility of services as defined by “ Fair Access to Care”. Liaise with clients and carers etc where eligibility is assessed as low as to ways in which other assistance can be obtained
- Manage own caseload, including self allocation of work from the waiting list, deal with other identified priorities to ensure that a satisfactory outcome is reached within priority guidelines for the service.
- Maintain accurate and relevant records of service provision and communications both manual and electronic, in line with Departmental procedures.
- Formulate and implement a plan to meet the needs of the individual person in compliance with local procedures and consistent with relevant legislation.
- Liaise and work in partnership with disabled people and appropriate agencies, ensuring that best practice is adopted to meet each disabled person and carers’ needs.
- Provide, fit and demonstrate appropriate equipment for daily living and advise people on the purchase of certain equipment. Train the individual and carers in the correct use and maintenance of equipment provided to ensure safety.
- Research non-stock items of equipment where standard equipment will not meet the identified needs. Organise and actively participate in the demonstration of specialist equipment by representatives in order to ensure a piece of equipment is suitable prior to purchase.
- When required actively participate in the multi-agency review groups for equipment and provide constructive feedback on specified pieces of equipment to the review group, and to the OT team in general.
- Recommend and authorise minor adaptations to a limit of £2,500. Where identified adaptations cost in excess of £2,500, recommend and authorise Disabled Facilities Grants using the Department’s policies and procedures, whilst also adhering to the Disabled Facilities Grant Legislation.
- Assist the Team Manager/ Senior Practitioners with the responsibility for the supervision, consultation and support of unqualified Occupational Therapy staff within the department.
- Actively participate in the fieldwork education of O.T. students. To have a minimum of one student per year whom is under your direct supervision and participate in the placements offered by other Occupational Therapists within the team.
- Actively participate and demonstrate a commitment to assisting other social services staff to complete BTEC Award in the “Provision and Fitting of Community Equipment”.
- Liaise with clients, carers and their representatives and discuss and resolve complaints/ enquiries / conflicts at the initial stage of complaints when they arise.
- Ensure that confidentiality of client information in relation to the Data Protection Act and Council Policies.
- Attend and participate in appropriate meetings to contribute to the development of the O.T. Service and the implementation of relevant legislation and Council policies.
- Participate in other routine administrative duties when requested.
- Social Worker - All Age Disabilities
Calderdale, England | £23 - £24.50 per hour
All Age Disability Service. All Age works with ...
- Social Worker - Looked After Children
Enfield, Greater London, England | £32 - £35.10 per hour
We are looking for confident and skilled advanc...
- Early Help Family Support Worker
Enfield, Greater London, England | £20 - £22.20 per hour
To be eligible for the programme, families must...