Back to job search
Mental Health Practitioner - must have experience See attached JDPS Must be available as soon as possible
|Location||Bromley, Greater London, England|
|Salary||£33.00 - £35.500 per hour|
|SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
2 The role will require effective communication with young people, sometimes this can be challenging especially those young people who have previously been hard to reach. A good amount of patience and an enabling and empowering approach is required to support young people to meet their own health needs.
3 Work directly with those young people identified as having an emotional health need, providing one to one support for the young person as required and referring or sign posting on to specialist services.
4 Complete joint visits with young persons’s advisors to support staff undertaking risk assessments and completing safety plans with young people with additional MH needs.
5. Provide health and well-being advice at the North Lodge Hub. This will include a face-to-face presence at the house with arranged sessions to support Care Leavers to make behaviour changes which lead to positive lifestyle changes.
6. Participating in a variety of approved Social Media technology including video / Whats App calls /messaging to ensure those young people placed out of borough can access health advice and support.
7. Provide liaison with local adult services to meet the health needs of Care Leavers with MH needs and special educational needs and disabilities to ensure sufficient provision is available when accessing services.
8. Attendance at transition panel to discuss young people with complex needs who could fall between services.
9. Provide direct support and liaison for young people at risk of hospital admission. Attendance at discharge planning meetings for young people returning to the community and involvement in CPA meetings for young people open to CMHT.
10. Support Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children to have access to specific trauma based therapies as appropriate. Consider the very specific health and wellbeing needs to prepare them to adjust to independent living.
11. Attendance at Bromley Looked After Children health Forum.
12. Link in with CFCL Care Leavers Forum / Participation Team.
13 To be a resource of specialist advice, specifically relating to care experienced teenagers, to colleagues within CMHT, other professionals and other agencies/organisations working in the field of adolescent mental health.
14 To liaise with and where appropriate participate in joint work with the Clinical Nurse Specialists in Youth Justice, Justice and Substance Misuse services and with the Trust adolescent and adult inpatient service.
15 To liaise with inpatient services in the adult mental health directorate and private sector adolescent inpatient services.
16 To ensure that the needs of the client group is paramount, and be aware of and adhere to the London Child Protection Procedures and Guidance (2019) and the London Multi-Agency Adult and Safeguarding Policy and Procedures (2019).
17 To ensure acceptable levels of safety (regarding potential verbal and physical aggression from more complex clients) for self and to advise other colleagues when necessary. To adhere to the “lone worker policy “and update training in breakaway techniques when necessary.
18 Requirement to travel to young people placed both in and out of borough. This could be by public transport or own car in line with ELFT travel and expenses policy. Use of social media platforms – virtual meetings, working from home.
19. Maintain high standard of professionals case recording.
20. Provide training around MH support to the Leaving Care team and attend group supervision.
- Occupational Therapist
Southwark, Greater London, England | £32 - £34 per hour
rovide professional occupational therapy servic...
- Social Worker-DMH
| £26.18 - £28.58 per hour
West Locality - to support all individuals r...
- experienced practitioner - Adults
Halton, Halton, England | £22.36 - £24.86 per hour
Responsible for a caseload of more complex case...