Back to job search
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|Salary||£12 - £14 per hour|
- To provide a first class customer focused service that consistently meets and/or exceeds customer expectations. This will include supporting customers with IT applications and enabling them to access information and other library resources on their own.
- To understand and anticipate community needs and trends and to inform the development of services that are tailored to these needs.
- To ensure the smooth running of the library making decisions as required.
- To maintain a professional, quality library environment at all times ensuring that the library is well presented and promotional displays are to a high standard.
- To be responsible for day to day library operations ensuring adequate staffing as well as the safety and security of sites and users at all times. This will include conducting building checks and health and safety audits, reporting faults and undertaking a range of duties such as opening and closing sites, cash handling and banking.
- To recruit, supervise and develop a team of volunteers keeping them motivated and empowered to provide a first class support service that is crucial to service delivery.
- To support the recruitment, induction and on-going supervision and development of security guards.
- To identify new partnership opportunities and to facilitate and enable the delivery of a wide range of customer focused added value activities that are tailored to local needs.
- Utilising a range of channels such as the website, intranet and social media, to ensure effective communications with all library stakeholders including customers, partners, volunteers and work colleagues particularly those working different shift patterns volunteers, partners and customers.
- To proactively and enthusiastically support the implementation of a range of high profile service-wide initiatives such as the schools and libraries project as well as library campaign and consultation programmes.
- To be performance focused and commercially aware, identifying and maximising on opportunities to meet service targets, generate new income streams and develop new services.
- To maintain a good knowledge of publishing trends and utilise this and all available tools and usage data to ensure that stock is relevant, well promoted and effectively displayed in an accessible way that is tailored to the needs of the local audience.
- To monitor and ensure adherence to library service standards, policies and procedures at all times. This will include meeting data quality, customer charter and service standards at all times.
- To act as a change agent by proactively identifying and putting forward opportunities for improvement and positively promoting change to all library stakeholders.
- Children's Services -Social Worker Level B
Dudley | £27.93 - £30.53 per hour
We are looking for two Therapeutic Senior Socia...
- Children's Services -Social Worker Level
Dudley | £27.93 - £30.33 per hour
Are you a qualified Children’s Social Worker, e...
- Social worker-Children's services Team Manager
Dudley | £37.07 - £39.57 per hour
JOB PURPOSE To manage and develop the operati...