Back to job search
|Salary||£21 - £28 per hour|
- This is an experienced practitioner role.
- With specific responsibilities for dealing with more complex cases, including assessment and appropriate management of risks and providing casework supervisions to other team members.
- Work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to help them make informed decisions, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning.
- Act as a recognised expert within the specialist field.
- Contribute to the development of practice and policy in the specialist field.
- Seeking to recruit a dynamic Social Worker to join our innovative and well regarded Fostering Service in providing the best possible care to Looked After Children.
- We are looking for a qualified, registered children and families Social Worker, with experience of direct social work practice and fostering.
- The successful candidate will perform all tasks related to the role of a supervising social worker including undertaking fostering assessments and private fostering arrangements.
- You will need a good knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation and guidance which governs Children’s Social Care and Fostering Services.
- The role includes:
- Assessment of prospective foster carers & Special Guardians
- Providing regular, professional and effective supervision to foster carers, offering on-going assessment and supportive challenge of their practice
- Completion of foster carers annual reviews
- Completion of private fostering assessments • Delivery of attachment based models of support •
- Good standard of on-going recording and the ability to prepare thorough & timely reports •
- Working closely with carers to support them to meet the needs of children in accordance with the care plan and delegated authority
- Facilitating support groups and promoting the continuous professional development of Foster Carers
- Working as part of the team to contribute to the development of Fostering Service best practice •
- Participation in recruitment events
- An expectation of some evening and occasional weekend working
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of ICT systems including word and excel We can offer you professional supervision, good terms and conditions, career development and a welcoming supportive team environment and integration in the wider Permanence Service alongside childcare teams