Back to job search
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
|Salary||£13 - £15 per hour|
- To work flexibly in partnership with schools who have identified children and young people who need additional support to achieve the service outcomes as outlined above. This will include working early mornings and evenings.
- Develop effective relationships with parents and carers via a whole family approach, ensuring positive partnerships between parents /cares, pupils and schools are fostered and developed.
- Advise, assist and support parents to take responsibility for their child’s attendance, behaviour and health needs by building on the strengths of the family in addition to offering practical support where required.
- To promote the safeguarding of children and young people in accordance with LCC Safeguarding Procedures and the council’s framework for the care and protection of children.
- To work effectively and cooperatively with partner agencies using common processes including the Common Assessment Framework (CAF), Team Around the Family (TAF), and Lead Professional (LP) roles
- To use an assertive approach to challenge and confront families on negative behaviour and areas they need to improve on, whist being honest and direct.
- Develop clear individual targeted plans of intervention in accordance with the needs of the child / young person and their family as part of the CAF process.
- Adopt the role of the Lead Professional.
- To work within, adhere to and understand all LCC policies procedures and good practice guidelines specifically relating to confidentiality, data protection and data sharing protocols.
- To support families to develop practical parenting strategies that enhance positive parent – child relationships.
- To reduce inequalities in outcomes between the most disadvantaged children and the rest by implementing effective practices in narrowing the gap.
- To produce clear plans of support and robust records to demonstrate how outcomes aligned to service priorities have been achieved.
- Develop the City Council’s commitment to equal Opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken
- Social Worker - Adults
Bath, Bath and North East Somerset, England | £20.88 - £22.98 per hour
Community Mental Health team requires Social Wo...
- Social Worker - Children
Enfield, Greater London, England | £33.51 - £35.81 per hour
Common Purpose: To manage the effecti...
- Social Worker -Children
South Gloucestershire, England | £33.00 - £35.50 per hour
About the role Working in a team in either A...