Back to job search
|Location||Swindon, Swindon, England|
|Salary||£36 - £39 per hour|
- Undertake assessments, determine care packages / support plans and manage a large and complex caseload to maintain or improve the wellbeing of individuals in line with agreed service procedures and national legislation. Professionally supervise and support other colleagues.
- Participate in and where appropriate chair meetings of internal / external partners and other agencies, Best Interest decision maker, or facilitation of this, CHC joint decision making panels, etc.
- Take a lead role in promoting safeguarding within the team in line with Swindon policy and procedures for safeguarding adults. Perform Investigating Officer and Enquiry Manager role including Section 42 (Care Act) enquiries, as required, usually in complex and / or multiagency working situations.
- Manage a small caseload of complex work, using person centred practice principles to assess, support plan and review with the aim of promoting well-being and positive risk taking of individuals.
- Ensure that personal practice is in line with current legislation, including The Care Act (2014), The Mental Capacity Act (2005) and The Mental Health Act (1983) and local policies and procedures, as relevant to the role.
- Ability to manage and resolve complex and high-risk situations using negotiations and diplomacy, involving individuals, their families, or staff groups. Where these fail pass to senior managers.
- Participate in the planning, prioritising and allocation of work within the team.
- Promote, develop and model high quality social work practice including working within statutory responsibilities, evidence based practice and comply with professional standards required by the Health and Care Professions Council.
- To contribute to local knowledge (within the team and the service) about universally available services, including what is available within the voluntary and community sector, as well as the Department’s commissioned and contracted services and to signpost/advocate for individuals accordingly.
- Provide professional support to social workers, assistant care managers and other team members, including development of skills, knowledge and experience and addressing performance issues.
- Provide specific operational professional advice and guidance to team managers, Heads of Service, Directors, and commissioning colleagues on a broad range of issues relevant to social work.
- Supervise and appraise social workers in line with the Post Qualifying Standards for Social Work Supervisors to influence and improve service delivery.
- Provide weekly one to one (and group) supervision to support decision making.
- To take on formal assessor role for newly qualified social workers undertaking the Assessed and Supported Year (ASYE).
- Social Worker - All Age Disabilities
Calderdale, England | £23 - £24.50 per hour
All Age Disability Service. All Age works with ...
- Social Worker - Looked After Children
Enfield, Greater London, England | £32 - £35.10 per hour
We are looking for confident and skilled advanc...
- Early Help Family Support Worker
Enfield, Greater London, England | £20 - £22.20 per hour
To be eligible for the programme, families must...